Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Waiting for restoration." Holland.

Many times I saw this shipyard from the other side of the Rhine,
and each time I wanted to visit it for a days paint, ...

The first painting was quite easy to find, the second (I made two)
a lot harder there where just too many nice places,
so I decided to make some sketches as well with Indian ink and a matchstick, ...


"Wachtend op restauratie." Angeren, Holland.
(Waiting for restoration.) Oil on board. 24 x 30 cm.


Sketch I


Sketch II


Sketch III.

1 comment:

Raluca said...

I´m happy you posted also the sketches,so we can see the ''skeleton'' behind the final painted work,I like them also!And thanks for the comment Rene,I know it sound a bit silly,the story with this little bird affected me just too much.Best of wishes,looking forward to see the next posts:you have a great hand!!