Friday, October 17, 2008

Back!! (again)

First of all, Rob thank you so much for lending me your
book about Kevin Macpherson!! I've read it 3 times in a row
and started very carefully with his palette, and it works!!

There are some drawbacks, one of them is the speed of painting.
You always have to mix in two steps one for the right color and
one for the right value and that cost time. Maybe it will become
a little faster once you learn to do it more. The other is the contrast
that he's talking about, there are days here in Holland that there aren't
any and then it becomes quite hard to do how he does.

But over all it's been a wonderful experience and I intend to use his
palette for a little longer. Painted a lot with it during my absence, this
is one of them, if you want to see them all go visit my website, or wait
a while when I post them here.


"'t Fietspad." Beekbergen, Holland.
(The Bike path.) Oil on paper. approx 19 x 29 cm.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You are both very welcome, any time, did you enjoy Wales?

DickRink said...

I love those autumn colors!

René PleinAir said...

Thanks Dick,
They are awesome this year aren't they?!

rob ijbema said...

yes working in black and white is quicker
but using color as values is more fun...