Monday, July 13, 2009

For Peter Yesis. Westervoort, Holland.

A few blog-post back Peter Yesis tried to paint some
bee hives,

(see Daily painting practice)

unfortunately it didn't turned out so well,
a passing cars drove the bees nuts and he was stung right
on the tip of his nose. And that while he is busy doing a
project "30 portraits in 30 days". If everything goes well
he would have succeed today his project. And so the title.
Peter, this ones for you, as a small making up for your trail.

A wonderful project it has become with all kinds of funny and
beautiful, paintings, drawings and off course stories.

(30 portraits in 30 days)



"Gele Bijenkisten." Westervoort, Holland.
(Yellow Beeboxes.) Oil on panel.
24 x 30 cm.

2 comments:

Peter Yesis said...

Hello Rene-
What a great painting! I laughed until my nose felt better. Thank you for the kind words and the tribute. The bees got the better of me that day.

I'm loving the color in your work lately. Keep up the great job!

take care
Peter

René PleinAir said...

Thanks Peter, I am glad to hear that it turned out well. Thanks for your nice comment on my color use I am getting more and more feel for it, .... I think.