Saturday, September 26, 2009

"Droogliggend." Nijmegen, Holland.

Had a great day with my girlfriend, biking to Nijmegen
a large city some 20 km away. I already noticed that the
river levels are extremely low now, but arriving in Nijmegen
I saw that the harbour there was dry!!! And ships where laying
around, ... awesome!!

Luckily I had my little pochade with me, but tomorrow I am gonna visit
some side arms of the Rhine to see if the ships there also laying on
the riverbed, ....


"Droogliggend." Nijmegen, Holland.
(Laying dry.) Oil on panel.
18 x 24 cm.

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

a very interesting painting! I've never seen anything like it...and I like it.

Keith Tilley said...

This is a bit different! I hope you manage to find more of these today.

René PleinAir said...

Thanks Celeste and Kieth,

I never saw it either Celeste, and man do I like it!! too paint those ships on this level is such a trill.

Look at today post Kieth, I am soo in luck!!