Thursday, November 05, 2009

Regendag. Arnhem, Holland

Jon, a fellow artist from the UK,
better know as Suncage or Limner
Called me a pussy yesterday, and how right
he was!
So today I tucked in very well
and headed off to a Arnhem a large city nearby
and painted in little entrance of shops an under bridges
A nice way to paint. Also because you see new spot
you otherwise never would looked at,

Jon, ... thanks!


"Van onder het viaduct." Arnhem, Holland.
(From under the bridge.) Oil on panel.
24 x 30 cm.


"Musisregen." Arnhem, Holland.
(Musis rain.) Oil on panel.
18 x 24 cm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both of these. They speak volumes without a lot of detail. I'm still trying to learn the art of this!!!! I'm going to study them both to see how you use strokes to just suggest form. Love the diffused effect.
Maggie

René PleinAir said...

Mostly is done by tonal washing.
I premix a general dark tone, and start from there by washing my panel with it (thinned well) and rubbing some of it off on the light areas.

you can see there isn't that much color use.

Ruth Squitieri said...

This one is great, the composition works wonderfully!