Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Railroad-bridge." Doetinchem, Holland.

Sometimes you have a painting in your mind and it just paint itself.
Although it was a bit of a struggle to keep the background
as fuzzy as possible, but over all I like this one.

It's such a old railroad bridge. In my younger years I walked over
it to cut off a large detour but now a days they put a bike-bridge
along side this little fellow.















"Spoorbrug Doetinchem." Doetinchem, Holland.
(Railroad-bridge Doetinchem.) Oil on panel.
24 x 30 cm.

2 comments:

Keith Tilley said...

I think this is my favourite of your recent paintings: There's so much to look at in this one and I like the contrast of the man-made and natural forms.

Erik van Elven said...

You did a great job with this Rene.
Must have been a lot of work to get all the drawing in.
You seem to like your panels to be very smooth or not?

fixed a small typo