Friday, December 03, 2010

First nocturnal of this winter (I think)

Yesterday evening "Plein Eire" held a ROUND THREE - Nocturnes
I thought I'll join them although stayed in Holland.

Went to my local ice skating track, I knew those guys where ice skating
but did expect that the light was orange/yellow and that the ice skaters
where thát good. (Good ice skaters are hard to paint!) Anyway with
a little torch a premixed as much I could and kept going.

"Thialf bij nacht." Arnhem, Westervoort.
(Thialf at night.) Oil on panel.
24 x 30 cm.

It's lovely winter here at the moment, cold but that's good for the
snow! Made this one earlier on the day, but my paint was freezing
up because it was outside the whole day, ... you can see what
happens when it's a bit too cold and snowy.

Gives a nice extra though.


"Lathum." Lathum, Holland.
(Lathum.) Oil on panel.
24 x 30 cm.

3 comments:

Erik van Elven said...

Really nice Rene, good composition.

Tadeusz Deręgowski said...

The nocturne is especially good.

TD

rob ijbema said...

the bottom one is sooo trevor
really goood!