Monday, May 30, 2011

On my way to Giesbeek. Duiven, Holland.

Each time when I bike to my Morris I pass this scene
and each time I think I really have to paint it someday.
It has to be done in the early morning because the light
on the far hills is much better then, ... and each time I have
to bike along because the time just isn't there. Today it was
and the light was also good so I am glad that I took the
opportunity. It's somehow a strange scene for Dutch matter
most of the country is soo flat, ... that this hillside is very
pronounced.

"Op weg naar Giesbeek." Duiven, Holland.
(On my way to Giesbeek.) Oil on panel. 24 x 30 cm.

3 comments:

Liza Hirst said...

Well, it was definitely worth taking the time to paint this, Rene! A classic beauty.
All your latest work is soooo good!

René PleinAir said...

Thank you Liza,

Funny you mentioned this, because I am not feeling that at all.

Keith Tilley said...

I'm glad you managed to find time for this, it's so frustrating to see good subjects and not be able to paint them.

You're right, it does seem strange to see some higher ground in the distance!